Inhalt des Dokuments
„Public Event: DESTINATE Final Conference – 30 October 2018 in Valencia, Spain“
Thursday, 10. January 2019
- Impressions from DESTINATE final meeting and conference
- © FG Schienenfahrzeuge
After 2 years of work, the DESTINATE consortium presented the project’s achievements on 30 October 2018 in Valencia at Universitat Politècnica de València. In addition, the complementary project FINE 1 presented its noise related part.
DESTINATE supports cost-effective railway noise reduction and enhanced acoustical comfort.
· Interior noise model developed from OTPA measurements
· Description of selected railway sound sources
· Demonstration of interior and pass-by events through auralisation and visualisation
· Tool for cost-benefit analysis of railway noise mitigation
DESTINATE at Innotrans 2018
- EU Commissioner for Transport and Mobility Violeta Bulc experiencing the auralisation & visualisation of passing trains developed in the DESTINATE project
- © picture by Shift2Rail at InnoTrans 2018
The complementary projects DESTINATE and FINE 1 will present the auralisation & visualisation results at Innotrans at the Shift2Rail stand hall 4.2/203. The train passby and train interior scenarios can be experienced with virtual reality glasses and headphones. Auralisation and visualisation is an excellent way of communicating the effects of design changes or noise mitigation measures also to non-acoustic experts.
DESTINATE mid-term meeting at Munich from 20 - 21 February 2018
- Participants at the DESTINATE mid-term meeting of the complementary projects FINE1 (member call) and DESTINATE (open call)
- © DESTINATE
At 20 and 21 February the DESTINATE project partners met in Munich to present and discuss the project progress. The meeting was hosted by WP3 lead MBBM Rail Technologies.
DESTINATE aims at facilitating informed decisions on noise mitigation solutions and design options for the railway sector. The following topics were discussed at the mid-term meeting:
- Identification of cost-efficient railway noise abatement measures
- Interior railway noise simulation
- Source characterisation
- Auralisation & visualisation of passing trains and on-board rolling stock
The results of the current development work will be comprised in the public deliverables D3.1 and D3.2.
At the second day of the meeting the results were presented and discussed with the complementary member project FINE1, see photo.